top of page
Frequently Asked Questions


Can you help my child get extra testing support in schools?

Yes. We make recommendations for extra support at school through accommodations and/or modifications, such as in the form of a 504 Plan or Individualized Education Plan (IEP), which is determined by your child's unique needs based on assessment.  We will help you navigate the school system so that your child receives equal access to meet their educational needs.  


How is the assessment with you different from school’s assessment? 

We offer several different types of assessments: psycho-diagnostic, psycho-educational,

gifted testing, and Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA).  These are mostly similar in the 

approaches and types of tests used, but have different goals.

Psycho-diagnostic assessments determine if there is a clinical diagnosis

based on the DSM-V-TR  A clinical diagnosis may help answer questions you have about

your child and provide access to services through the healthcare system.  

Psycho-educational assessments are done to determine if a child is eligible for special

education services within your school districtYour child may be eligible for

special education services under one of the13 eligibility categories, which include autism,

specific learning disability (i.e. dyslexia, dyscalculia, etc), intellectual disability,

and Other Health Impairment, where ADHD is usually categorized. 

Are you familiar with Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings?  

Yes, we have participated in many IEP meetings as independent evaluators, collaborators

and advocates. Mrs. Rush has led many IEP meetings as an administrator designee and is

very familiar with the required legal guidelines, making her an excellent resource for families. 

Do you take insurance?

We do not take insurance at this time, but at your request, we can provide you with a "superbill," which is a receipt at the end of each session that you submit to your insurance for potential reimbursement.  We recommend that you clarify with your behavioral health carve out on if they reimburse for psychological testing (CPT codes 96130, 96131, 96136, 96137), therapy (90834, 90837), parent coaching with child (90847), and group counseling (90853), as provided by a clinical psychologist or a licensed educational psychologist with your insurance company. 

Insurance covers psychological evaluations depending on the health plan you have selected.  Many insurance plans require a prior authorization, and most plans will also require that you meet your deductible, pay a co-pay, and/or pay co-insurance.

The prior authorization process is meant to determine if a service is “medically necessary” and requires the clinician to provide a diagnosis.   Gifted testing (IQ testing) and testing for Specific Learning Disorder, such as dyslexia, dysgraphia or dyscalculia are often denied by insurance companies as these evaluations are closely tied to academics.  


What are your rates? 

This will be determined by your provider after

your free consultation.

What should I tell my child about meeting you? 

We have some tips here that can give you guidance on

how to talk to your child about this process. 

These tips are written for younger children, but you can

adapt the concepts to be applied to your

older or more mature child.


Do you provide telehealth/virtual services? 

Yes, we can provide individual therapy/counseling, parent

coaching, and trainings following telehealth guidelines over a

HIPAA-secure platform.  In certain cases, we do provide telehealth


20220614_154208 (1).jpg
bottom of page